Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Things That Really Bug Me

Okay, I just have to get a few things off my chest that bug me.

1. In meetings, when someone says, “I just want to dove-tail onto what he said,” or “Just to piggy-back onto what she said. . .“

Why do they need to announce that they’re ‘dove-tailing’ and ‘piggy-backing’? I want to shout at them and say, “Well, of course you should be saying something relevant to the topic at hand!”

2. Those little waxy strips of paper that expose the sticky bit on a Netflix return-envelope. I’m never near a trash can when I end up with those things.

3. Encountering couples on a sidewalk walking toward me that insist on walking side-by-side and not making room for me to pass. Don’t they know that two-way foot traffic is allowed?

4. People that say “supposebly” and “irregardless”.

5. The doorman in my apartment building. He’s way too cheery and wants to engage in inane banter every time I enter or exit. He also mumbles so I can’t understand him anyway. What’s wrong with a simple, polite nod?

6. Why can’t PCs ask to install new updates when you turn them off rather than when you turn them on? When I turn my PC on, I’m about to DO something. By the time I let it do its little updating thing, I’ve forgotten what I wanted to do.

7. 2:30 pm on a work-day sucks. It means that you have two-and-a-half hours left to go. That’s a whole third of a work-day.

8. Forms that don’t allow enough space to write the info they’re asking for. For example, they leave a half-inch space and want you to put your email address there. This drives me absolutely bonkers.

9. Evaluation forms. After a presentation is over, the presenter hands out evaluation forms but has allowed not one iota of time to fill them out. I either don’t fill them out or I simply write, “Time was not allowed to fill this out.”

I really do.

Grrrr. Grrr.

Okay, I feel better now.

4 Comments:

At 10:52 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

*hee hee*

I like the friendly doorman in your apartment building. :)

What I hate is when people (usually on Judge Judy) say "whenever" when they mean "when." Like Judge Judy will ask "What happened that day?" and the defendant says "Well, whenever I went to her house, she opened the door and punched me in the face."

It's WHEN, you idiots!!!!

Grrr....

*smiles*

 
At 11:22 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

MHP: I like the staff at your apartment building much better. Especially Victoria.

 
At 10:21 AM , Blogger Kyle said...

I have a co-worker who uses the word "ideal" for "idea." Also my fifth grade math teacher. Horrible.

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Two and a half hour "required attendence" meetings where the topic does not involve your department and has no effect on your work.

"Just shoot me now."

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home