Friday, January 11, 2008

Beep Beep!

That’s me, tooting my own horn.

I just received and email from “my editor” at the magazine. (I love saying “my editor.” It’s SO Carrie Bradshaw). She said that the magazine just went to press and my article should “hit the streets” next week.

She also said I’d be pleased with it and that the staff at the magazine loved it.

Then she reminded me of my next deadline. “My editor” is reminding me of magazine deadlines. I love it! I absolutely adore it.

This wouldn’t have happened had it not been for Lorraine. She learned of this writing opportunity here in Chicago and sent it my way. She is such a sweetheart and I adore that woman.

Okay, back to me.

My next article will be a humorous view of riding the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). There will be accounts of exploding diapers on train seats, crime and violence, but it’ll be poignant and heartwarming too. Fair and balanced, as they say.

I’m also writing a review of our fav restaurant, Lao Sze Chuan, which, by the way, has a whole new menu section featuring frogs. I’ll have to try the frog section of the menu next time I’m there. That should make for a fun part of the review.

I am a columnist.

Mind you, it’s in a free, local magazine that comes out only once a month. But it’s glossy and snooty and I get paid for it. (Here are pics of past copies)

I am so full of myself.

5 Comments:

At 3:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I be your Miranda?

 
At 4:43 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Sure JP. EVeryone needs a good Miranda.

 
At 9:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buck Dahling,

Congrats on it all! I am living vicariously through you although I don't care about being a columnist, I only want Carrie Bradshaw's shoes. We here in the NW are ever so proud of you.

xo nayb

 
At 10:50 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Awww. Thanks Nayb. I miss you guys.

You just gave me an idea. I'll review a shoe store that feature Minolo Blahniks.

I wonder if they come in a size 14?

 
At 12:46 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I will be Charlotte because I'm not interested in being Samantha and Charlotte had a fab apartment.

Also, you deserve to be full of yourself because I sent the link but YOU did something with it.

I'm so proud of you I could bust.

Let's go shoe shopping to celebrate.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home