Friday, December 21, 2007

The Queen of the Night Aria

Many of you may have seen the video that's going around of the seven-year old boy that sings the Star Spangled Banner at a basketball game.
If you haven't, here it is.
It's been making the rounds of the internets recently. He does a pretty good job of it, but frankly, I think his performance was a little . . . "stylish". . . .
And frankly, I'd never let my kid sing a song so filled with violence.

On the other hand, here's a kid that absolutely blows that little wanna-be out of the water. Here's a young German lad singing the Queen of the Night aria from Mozart's The Magic Flute.
This aria is one of THE most challenging pieces to sing for any soprano and has the highest note ever written for a vocalist, a high F, (which can usually only be heard by a few springer spaniels in Peoria). The high F occurs not once, but eight times during the piece.
This eleven year-old kid nails it! There's a few notes out of tune, but if you U-Tube any soprano perferming this piece, very few achieve every note anyway. . . .

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 11:53 AM , Blogger Kimberly Ann said...

Wow. I never even came close to hitting high F. I think I squeaked out an E or two, but that's it. I must admit that boy sopranos kinda freak me out.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home