Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Perfect Boiled Eggs

I've finally figured out how to boil an egg.

The problem with boiled eggs is that after their boiled, they're impossible to peel. Also, I don't like chalky yolks, but ones that are pretty squishy in the middle. So, if that sounds good to you, here you go.

Boil water. Gently lower the eggs in the boiling water and keep boiling for SEVEN minutes. No more.
Place eggs in ice water until cool enough to handle. The shells slip right off in the most cooperative way and the yolks will be pretty squishy.

Ta-daahh.

So, how do you guys like your eggs?

3 Comments:

At 2:35 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I love 'em just about any way I can get 'em. I am, however, partial to poached eggs (soft yolk) on toast and soft-boiled eggs. Also, egg salad, eggs Florentine, scrambled eggs (with salsa), eggs over easy, deviled eggs...I'm hungry.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Omlettes. I love omlettes.

 
At 2:35 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Do egg rolls count?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home