Thursday, September 21, 2006

Couch Tater

My new furniture arrived today!

Finally.

I ordered it three weeks ago and they said they'd have it here in 7-14 days. NOT.

It took them a week to figure out that they messed up the order. Finally, the delivery company called a couple of days ago to arrange for a delivery time. They were supposed to be here between 8:00 am and noon today. So, of course, I overslept and didn't want to hop in the shower because it would be then that they'd arrive and I wouldn't hear them. So, I putzed around with my hair all messed up waiting and waiting.

At 11:30, I was getting really anxious. I had to be at work at noon for an audit. I was just about to call when finally, they showed up at 11:40.

This furniture is perfect. You see, I really really really like blue. All my cars have been blue. Most of my clothes are blue. Even the combination lock on my bicycle is blue. Guess what color my dishes are? . . . . they're beige.
And blue.
Ha.

Also, I don't like patterns. Solids are great. No stripes, swirls, or anything.

So, when I saw this combo sofa/chaise lounge/sleeper, it was just perfect. Okay, it's from Ikea, but I don't care. It's just what I want. And the coffee table is blond which compliments blue. It's also very sleek with no patterns and has compartments for all my remote controls and what-nots.

But is this sofa just perfect for couch tatering?

I'm just gonna couch-tater all over this thing.

3 Comments:

At 3:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. You still have hints of that spare Cistercian style going on, don't you? :)

 
At 4:28 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I obviously hadn't read your post before I read your email and asked you what the furniture looked like. Ikea rocks.

Tater away!

 
At 6:19 PM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Antony - - Bingo. You hit the nail on the head.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home