Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Noon Scene - "Taste"

Chicago's giant food-fair called "Taste of Chicago" opened today and I snapped this photo out of our office window just after the crowd flooded in.


Typically, right on schedule, Chicago is due for blistering heat in the forecast. "Taste" and "hellish temperatures" seem to go hand in hand. The idea of fighting my way through sweaty crowds to stand in a long line to get a puddle of goat curry  . . .
mmm . . . not my cuppa tea.

Here's a shot of Millennium Park where "Taste" is held.


Did you know that Millennium Park is the world's largest rooftop garden? Seriously, it is. Much of its 24 acres sits atop parking garages, streets, and railway lines.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 3:35 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I LOVE Taste!! :) Just so you know, John & I plan on going on Friday night, when it's supposed to be like 150 degrees outside...hooray! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home