Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Blizzard

Driving back from the depths of Illinois to Chicago, (with three staff members in the car) I encountered really nasty conditions.

There were 50 mph winds, blowing snow and dropping temperatures. And it was night.

An 18-wheeler fishtailed in front of me. The wind began blowing my car around on the icy road. Then, we encountered a pile-up. Traffic was blocked on Interstate 57 heading into Chicago.

"Daddy's calling it," I announced.

We're in a nice hotel for the evening, fifty miles south of Chicago.

Safety comes first.

Frankly, I'm exhausted from driving 600 miles since yesterday morning.

Daddy's going to bed.

6 Comments:

At 11:48 AM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

Glad you played it safe. Very wise, I think. I would have had a heart attack in that situation. Hope the rest of the journey is much easier.

 
At 3:43 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I hope you make it home safe today!!!!

 
At 6:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Daddy, are we there yet?

 
At 11:23 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Were you driving a 4 wheel drive?

 
At 2:21 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:22 AM , Blogger Br. Jonathan said...

Alice - we made it home safe.

JP - good luck on your trip to CO. Keep an eye out for hotels at each exit when the weather gets dicey.

Anon - yes, I intentionally rented a 4WD but the wind kept blowing it sideways on the ice.
Not fun.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home