Thursday, November 19, 2009

This-n-That

I returned from a rather exhausting work-related trip to Effingham last night. You gotta watch out for Effingham – that town will just eat you up and spit you out if you’re not careful.

The day before, we were accommodated in a brand new hotel and it was really impressive. The bathroom was almost a religious experience:
Anyway, I’ve been looking forward to the outdoor ice rink opening at Millennium Park as I am wont to do every year. I knew that it would be opening for the season on November 18, but alas, I would be away in Effingham and would miss the grand opening.

So today, I brought my skates with me to work, hoping to get some skating in during an extended lunch hour. I’ve had my nose up to the window all morning waiting to see skaters down there. But alas, it’s raining today and the rink is closed.

So sad . . .
But, tonight I have choir rehearsal to look forward to (which I really do) and – even more exciting – the ingredients to make my laundry detergent should be arriving any day now! Isn’t that just the most exciting ever??

It takes so little to make me happy. . .

3 Comments:

At 4:54 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Wow, it really DOES take so little to make you happy! *smiles* That's a great pic of Millennium Park, by the way.

 
At 6:16 PM , Blogger Bad Alice said...

I think my life would be vastly improved if I had that sink in my bathroom. I could use the maid service, too.

Did you try the baking soda shampoo?

 
At 8:54 AM , Blogger Barb said...

I love that sink ~ very cool. I'm so jealous of your beautiful views ~ both from work and home. Although my son did see the bobcat again this morning through our window. Guess there is always trade offs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home