Friday, August 21, 2009

This is Brilliant


Are you a devout Christian and worried what will happen to your pet after The Rapture takes place?

You should be. After all, in “the twinkling of an eye,” all believers will be suddenly snatched up to spend a blissful eternity with Jesus. But the Bible doesn’t say anything about your pets.

So, to assuage your fears, a group of animal-lovers have formed an organization who you can contract to care for your pet once you’ve been raptured up.

Each member of this group is a confirmed atheist, so you can rest assured that they’ll be here to care for your pet that Jesus left behind.

Check out Eternal Earthbound Pets if you’d like to fill out a contract for their services.
The fee is $110 for one pet and $15 for each additional pet.

I really wonder how many people fall for this. . .

And does Jesus really want people who are that crazy up there with him?
(By the way, be sure to read the fine print. You don't get a refund if you lose your faith and become an atheist yourself.)

Labels:

8 Comments:

At 7:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll sign up, but I'm post-dating my check PA for Post-Apocalypse.

Wait, never mind. I don't have a pet.

 
At 10:44 AM , Blogger MaryRuth said...

I like to drive behind those cars that have the bumpersticker..."In case of rapture, this car is yours".....just in case I get lucky. Too bad the cars are always old Tercels or something crappy like that....never a Porsche or BMW.

 
At 8:41 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Oh my gosh, too funny! :)

 
At 9:11 PM , Blogger Dromedary Hump said...

Thanks for the compliment.
I am the co-owner of Eternal Earthbound Pets.

Unfortunately, it wasn't an original idea. My web partner saw it on a UK site, and I decided we have more fundies in the US than GB could ever imagine.
The rest is history.

If you enjoyed that site, you'll love my book. If you are atheist, agnostic, or just a skeptic, and you are literate, you need this!!!
http://theatheistcamelchronicles.blogspot.com/

Yours in reason,
Bart
Bart@eternal-earthbound-pets.com

aka Dromedary Hump
http://atheistcamel.blogspot.com/

 
At 4:54 PM , Blogger yellowdoggranny said...

I'm a devout pagan..will that make a difference?

 
At 7:45 PM , Blogger Dromedary Hump said...

Yellow...
make a difference to whom? To me?
Heck no...I'll sell my book to the freeekin Pope if he wants one.

 
At 6:43 AM , Blogger Speck said...

Tee Hee. Good luck Bart, you ought to make a fortune.

 
At 9:32 AM , Blogger Dromedary Hump said...

Thanks Speck.
It's been quite an experience.
Hump

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home