Monday, February 23, 2009

Birthday Night

This past Friday night was an incredible evening of fun and birthday frivolity with my friends, Miss Healthypants and Liane and Iwanski.

Normally, I’m not “into” birthdays at all, but this was a Big One and I pretty jazzed about it.

MHP and Liane met me at the skating rink at Millennium Park right after work. (It’s just across the street from where I work, I was there already).

Here are a couple of little videos of moi skating about. Pretty good for an old guy, eh?

Click here

Click here.

I was definitely having fun and, as you can see, the skating rink at Millennium Park is such a happy place.

Then, we ambled over to our favorite Thai restaurant for dinner. On the way, we stopped to procure some wine and I got carded!!!!

I was just tickled to death about that and proudly showed the clerk named Latashia my driver’s license making note that I was, indeed, fifty years old.

I told her that she just gave me the best birthday present EVER.

She told me that they had to enter in everyone’s date of birth in order to ring up any sale for alcohol.

But still, it was great to get carded -- specially having just received a solicitation in the mail from The Scooter Store and having made an appointment for a colonoscopy.

The rest of the evening was pure, unalloyed laughter and pleasure. It’s wonderful to have friends like these with whom one can celebrate the big days.

I really am a lucky guy.

4 Comments:

At 8:43 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

I am a really lucky mom! You skate really well for a Texan. I bet you are the only one there that can skate backwards, do a spin and ride a horse. My multi-talented son. Love and Prayers, Ma

 
At 9:45 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Glad you had fun!--we did, too! :)

 
At 11:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the brave one! When I was your age when I went skating I skate with a CHAIR....but then I couldn't skate backwards or do a spin :-(
Happy Birthday!

 
At 1:17 AM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Sounds fabulous, honey. Happy birthday again!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home