Thursday, November 22, 2007

I'm in Seattle!

Can you believe this? I'm writing this blog on Lorraine's computer in Lorraine's computer space in Lorraine's kitchen. I'm actually here.


I helped Lorraine make the side dishes for the Thanksgiving dinner. Cooking with Lorraine in her kitchen is just a slice of heaven. The Spouse is now bustling about the kitchen because he's in charge of making "everything that gravy goes on."

The Dog is at my side.

The Child is emptying the dishwasher.

My flight left on time from Chicago amidst a few snow flurries. I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. which is actually 2:30 a.m. here in Seattle. I arrived here at 10:00 a.m. (Seattle time). I'm feeling a bit a jet-lag after the four hour flight.

Lorraine and I just got back from visiting with The Neighbor who will be joining us for dinner later. (She's making a mincemeat pie for the two of us.)

The pilot mentioned something about a very northerly jet stream which he seemed awfully exciting about taking. Subsequently, we arrived 25 minutes early and from the north. As we were flying over the mountains, I noticed this one BIG mountain and I thought, "That must be Mount Ranier. Lorraine lives behind that mountain."

And soon, we were descending into Seattle. I really didn't know there were so many mountains close by. Needless to say, it's a very unique and beautiful city.

As we were descending, we passed over a misty forest where, I swear, I saw Bigfoot peering up at my airplane. It is the Pacific Northwest, after all.


I'll be posting some pics of us all very soon. In the meantime, all I have now are pics I took from the airplane window, just like a silly tourist.

It's wonderful to be here. Bigfoot and all.


2 Comments:

At 8:10 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

Tee!

 
At 12:55 PM , Blogger Iwanski said...

Have fun, amigo.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home