Saturday, February 05, 2011

Deep in the Heart of Texas

I'm sitting at the airport in Austin, waiting for my airplane to take me back to Chicago. I had a wonderful time with my family and got a good dose of being "Uncle Buck" for a week. Here's a photo of my great-nephew, Joseph.

He has big blue eyes:
The little guy climbed right up in my lap and we connected really well. Two readings of "Green Eggs and Ham" were supplied:


On the way back to the airport, I passed through the tiny town of Hochheim, Texas. It's about 45 miles outside of my little bitty home town. When I was in college, I used to stop at this general store and buy beer after visiting my folks.

I was a stupid kid then, and as one can see, the general store is long gone.

Time marches on . . .


Labels:

2 Comments:

At 2:58 AM , Blogger Fleeter said...

I used to stop for a coke and fritos when ever passing through Hochheim.
BTW, put on you spectacles ... Hochheim, one c and two h's.
Sad to see it in such disrepair.

Thanks for the memories. :-)

 
At 6:06 AM , Blogger William V. Madison said...

Pronounced "Ho-heim," of course. Lovely to see the old place again.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home