Monday, March 03, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

Horror of horrors. My passport expired last week and I forgot all about it.

I hate knowing I can’t get out of a country run by Dubya on a moment’s notice. I really hate that. I’m filling out the forms right now to remedy such a precarious situation.

__________________________

Winter has marched in like a big ‘ol lion here in Illinois. It was raining this morning here in Chicago but it's supposed to change to ice and snow.

So, this morning, I cancelled my staff meeting in Springfield since it will be icy down there today and four-to-eight inches of snow are forecast for tonight. I don't want any of my staff jeopardizing their safety on icy roads. Besides, if any of them had had an accident, my job would be toast.

On one hand, I’m kinda bummed out because it takes SO much planning to schedule a statewide staff meeting. Hotel reservations, meeting room, catered lunch, close-caption interpreter, getting speakers lined up and on board, etc. I’ll have to do it all over again.

On the other hand, I’ll be all snuggly in the bosom of my own apartment tonight. Bosoms are good that way.

___________________________________

Oh, and the case of Sortilège is being delivered today and I’ll be home to receive it. I’ve no intention of drinking a whole case of Sortilège – it’s just that the pretty, 375 ml. bottles of this difficult-to-obtain liqueur make such good hostess presents and Christmas gifts.

Like I said, this stuff is difficult to obtain but I found a distributor here in the U.S. that sold it for less than half price at $11.99 a bottle. I checked back online and now they no longer carry it. Apparently, I cleaned them out.

I just LOVE finding good deals like that. I'm feeling kind of "Sortilegious" at the moment.

If you really want to buy it, (and I highly recommend it) go to Froogle.com and do a search for “maple whisky” or “Sortilege” and a couple of places will pop up selling it anywhere from $22.00 to $29.00 per bottle.

_______________________

Right now, my dad and step mother are on their way to Las Vegas for three days. Dad went online and got half-price tickets to see Mama Mia. He said Bette Midler was sold out.

Rock on, Dad!

I reminded him that “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” even though I doubt they'll get into too much trouble listening to lots of Abba tunes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home