Thursday, August 04, 2011

Finger Food

For years, I’ve had this weird proclivity of not liking to eat anything with my fingers. This applies mostly to any food item that’s the least bit oily or one that could leave anything on my fingers.

Getting anything oily on my fingers just sends shivers down my spine. Even watching someone eat fried chicken with their fingers causes me to look away. KFC commercials are usually difficult to watch.

Hamburgers, fries, pizza, chicken all get the knife and fork treatment. Popcorn usually gets eaten with a spoon. However, for things like potato chips, I keep a box of disposable latex gloves in the kitchen.

Here is how I eat sour cream and cheese chips without distress:




Oh, and I'm right-handed but eat with my left hand. I don't know why.

I recently bought my first bag of Cheetos but ended up throwing them away. I was at work, had no gloves and the cheese dust was driving me crazy.

I would say that picnics are particularly difficult, but, hello?
Eating outside?

What am I  - - - homeless?

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Just a thought: If you think a something is so greasy it requires latex gloves or implements of destruction just to touch it, you probably shouldn't put it in your mouth. The Latex Glove Heart Healthy Diet!

 
At 7:48 AM , Blogger Bob said...

I don't eat a lot of finger foods--I do tend to eat pizza with a fork and knife--but I can do popcorn and chips without gloves and utensils.
My odd food thingy? I cannot stand the feel of ketchup or mayonnaise.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home