Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Piggy-Backing

Here’s the scenario: You're at a conference and discussing, say, the thrilling topic of workforce development. Every time one attendee speaks, she always begins by saying, “I’d like to piggy-back onto what he said,”
or
“just to dove-tail onto what she said. . . .”


I’m thinking, “Why do you have to begin every statement with an announcement that you’re going to say something relevant to the topic at hand?”

Remember, we’re discussing budgets. It’s not like someone is going to dramatically segue into the topic of castrating weasels or something. “Okay, does anyone know of how many ways there are to castrate a weasel?”

Maybe I should just start blurting out, "Kangaroo! Kangaroo!" during a staff meeting. That sure wouldn't be 'dove-tailing' onto what the previous speaker said. 

I thought of doing that  that during a recent meeting and then I got the giggles

Why do people have to call attention to their input with all this ‘piggy-backing’ and ‘dove-tailing’ crap?


3 Comments:

At 9:43 PM , Blogger Anonymous said...

I know how many ways to castrate a weasel!!! (guess who..)

 
At 10:35 PM , Blogger Bob said...

I dare you to "Kangaroo!"
That would be fabulous!

I fact, I may try it myself.....

 
At 3:15 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Castrate a weasel!! LOL!! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home