Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Meryl - Margaret

I seldom post about Hollywood stars here because, quite frankly, I think film celebrities have a reputation of taking themselves way too seriously. Same goes for pro athletes. I often want to say, "You're an entertainer. Leave it at that. Please."

But I will say that I loved Meryl Streep in Julie and Julia. The woman is amazing, right? If her talent thus far hasn't convinced you, get a load of this:

She'll be playing Margaret Thatcher in the upcoming biopic, The Iron Lady. The first publicity photos were released today. Here is Meryl Streep as Margaret Thatcher:

Can you believe it?

Streep is quoted, "The prospect of exploring the swathe cut through history by this remarkable woman is a daunting and exciting challenge."


She added: "I am trying to approach the role with as much zeal, fervour and attention to detail as the real Lady Thatcher possesses – I can only hope my stamina will begin to approach her own!"

I'm sure it'll be an incredible performance. Next thing you know, the woman will be playing Mikhail Gorbachev.






Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:40 PM , Blogger Bob said...

I'm a HUUUUGE Streep fan and love this idea...even the Gorbachev rumor!

 
At 10:34 AM , Blogger divya said...

yeah ........me too..........love her role ........voice...and the way she deliver her dialogue.....i loved herz The devil wears prada.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home