Friday, January 21, 2011

Praise the Lord!

If any of you have ever been to a Southern Baptist church or evangelical-like church these days, you'll notice that they don't sing hymns anymore. They sing "praise choruses" which are usually simple, inane, repetitive tunes sung to electronic accompaniment. No more hymn books -- the words are displayed on big screens up front.

Whoever invented this practice will burn for it, mark my words.

If you've never heard a praise chorus, here's your chance. Just for you, here's a brilliant example of a typical praise chorus.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:03 PM , Blogger Speck said...

Charles Wesley is rolling in his grave.

This is a fine example of insidious Jesus-head cult brainwashing techniques. "Repeat after me, over and over and over, whatever I say. Then you will be a *true* Christian and never again think for yourself for the rest of your life. And give all your money to me...."

This makes me wanna throw up - in the traditional way.

 
At 10:58 PM , Blogger Journey Man said...

Aaiiie, that just is too much. I couldn't get through the whole thing. It was just too repetitious and too obnoxious. How does anyone to that and why I don't know.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home