Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I'm Being Stalked

Lately, I’ve had the feeling that Rick Bayless (celebrity chef, restaurant owner and host of Mexico: One Plate at a Time) has been stalking me. Really. Dude’s been after me.

It began a couple of months ago when I was standing in my underpants. (ha!)

No, seriously, I was actually in my underpants in the dressing room at my health club when I looked up and there was Rick Bayless. He wasn’t looking at me or anything and I simply thought to myself, “Hey. That’s Rick Bayless.” I finished dressing and left.

The next week, I was coming out of the same dressing room and guess who was coming in? We almost bumped into each other.

The next week, guess who I pass on the stairs at the gym?

About a week later, I was walking to a wine shop one Saturday afternoon and passed by one of Rick Bayless’s restaurants, Topolobampo. (It’s really expensive.) Inside were a few people, probably noshing on their thirty-dollar lobster ceviche appetizers. Right next to Topolobampo was a cheap taco stand and it was absolutely packed.

I called my brother in San Antonio because he took me out to eat at one of Rick Bayless’s other restaurants when he was here on business in Chicago. I figured he would get a kick out of the packed taco stand next to Topolobampo.

“Bayless probably owns the taco stand, too,” was his reply. (He’s probably right.)

As I was walking home from the wine shop, I was thinking about how strange it was that I’ve encountered Rick Bayless three times within one month. Right then, I looked up and guess who was walking toward me? Yep. It was him again. It was so weird.

Next time this happens, I’m going to say something to him but he’d probably think I’m a weird stalker or something.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:42 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

But you've already established that HE'S the stalker...so you need to demand an explanation from him, as to why he keeps following you! *hee hee*

 
At 4:45 PM , Blogger Bob said...

Maybe he knows about the Julia blog and he's a little nervous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home