Friday, February 26, 2010

Every 50 Years

It happens only once every fifty years.


The U.S. Mint is changing the design of the penny. To me, this is just about the most exciting thing EVER.

From 1859 to 1909, the penny looked like this:

Then, from 1909 to 1959 we had the “wheat penny.” I remember collecting these as a kid.

From 1959 to 2010, the back of the penny was changed to show the Lincoln Memorial.

And now, (here it is folks) we’ll have this new design on the back.
Drumroll please. . . .

dddrrrrrrrrrr. . . .dddrrrrrrrr. . . . .

Isn’t that exciting?

I’m already wondering what the U.S. Mint has planned 50 years from now. . . .

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Blogger Bob said...

It looks like a football team helmut.

 
At 5:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the first one best.

And, I find it funny that pennies are still around anymore. I predict they won't survive the next 50.

 
At 11:23 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

I can't believe you're that excited about this!--you're too funny! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home