Monday, February 22, 2010

Doggie Email

For the past few days, I’ve been doggie-sitting dear Portia at her house. I’ve often written about Portia, posted videos and photos, for I really love this dog. A more delightful and loving creature would be hard to find.

Twice a day, we would go for a walk for her to “do her business.” However, the biological need that is accomplished is hardly the main focus of the outing as far as she’s concerned. From an olfactory standpoint, each outing in the neighborhood is extremely entertaining for a dog.

Really. I read about this. Dogs can tell everything from sniffing other dogs’ urine that they’ve left behind. It’s email for a dog.

It’s p-mail.

One dog’s pee can say, “I’m an alpha-female and I’m going to be in season in three weeks. Get ready, fellas.”

Another’s will say, “I’m just a beta-male and I’ve got the beginnings of liver cancer.”

Some urine will catch her attention while others will barely cause a pause. (It’s dog-spam.)

Portia seemed awfully interested in one tree every time we went out. That dog probably renally-relayed something like, “I’m a big, healthy, alpha-male and I can readily impart lots of puppies whenever I want.”

Like I said, every outing was so very entertaining for Portia. Even though it was cold and snowing, her doggie-doots had already been collected in a plastic bag, I always let her linger over her p-mail.


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

P-mail! Tee hee hee hee hee hee hee! I love it! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home