Monday, February 09, 2009

Ten Least Favorite Foods

Now that I’ve listed my ten favorite food items, I think I should follow it up with my ten least food items.

Can you tell that I like talking about food?

Here they are, beginning with my least favorite.

1. Any organ meat. Liver, kidneys, heart, or anything that comes from the inside of an animal really makes me gag. I tried steak & kidney pudding once. Oh my goodness, no wonder the British are so dour.

2. Raw garlic. Even slightly cooked garlic is too acrid for me. I’ll also pass on the garlic bread, thank you.

3. Raw onions. Again, too acrid. I’ll usually pick them out of whatever they’re in. Cooked ones are delicious, though.

4. Lima beans. They have no taste and the texture is like eating little lumps of clay. (I do like butter beans, through - - they’re completely different)

5. Sweet potatoes. Maybe it stems from the ubiquitous, syrupy-laden stuff you see at Thanksgiving, but no, I really don’t like their taste in any form.

6. Radishes. They’re just too “burney” and not in a good way. I don’t like horseradish either. Both have a “skunky” flavor to me.

7. Chocolate ice cream. I’m not big on chocolate to begin with, but chocolate ice cream just tastes bitter and “dirty” to me.

8. Chicken enchiladas: I don’t care how carefully they’re prepared, you’ll always come across a piece of fat, gristle or cartilage while eating them. And that makes me gag.

9. Canned chili. Same as Number 8. You can add beef stew to this list for the same reason.

10. Raw cauliflower. Sure, let me feast upon a dry, crumbly, tasteless vegetable.

3 Comments:

At 10:40 PM , Blogger Leah said...

Very interesting list! It saddens me a little that you don't appreciate sweet potato fries though...they're just about the perfect combination of everything wonderful.

 
At 2:57 PM , Blogger sfoofie said...

you inspired me to make my own list. mmmm garlic and onions- even raw- I love. Not that I would monch on a clove of garlic, but I absolutely love garlic bread.

 
At 11:21 PM , Blogger Miss Healthypants said...

Like Sfoofie, I loves me some garlic and onions, in any shape or any form! *smiles*

However, I do hate lima beans. Blech.

Sweet potatoes, on the other hand, are soooo yummy to me--particularly the sweet potato fries that Leah mentioned. YUM! :)

And you don't like chocolate ice cream? That is just plain WRONG! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home