Thursday, January 15, 2009

Urban Legends Coming True

Well, it happened.

In a suburb of Chicago yesterday, a 10-year-old boy got his tongue stuck to a light pole after his friends dared him to lick it.

According to the Chicago Tribune:

“By the time an ambulance arrived, the boy was able to yank his tongue off the frozen pole. Police say ambulance personnel explained to the boy's mother how to care for his bleeding tongue.”

Typical 10-year-old boys. . .

The sad thing is, I’m really curious now to see what would happen if I licked a light pole.

3 Comments:

At 3:54 PM , Blogger Leah said...

sigh. as a mother to three boys-your last sentence confirms so many of my worst parental concerns.
Boys will be boys. gotta love em.

 
At 8:21 PM , Blogger QuotidianEditorialist said...

Do not do that! Duh!

Guess his Mommy never taught him not to lick random things.

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Elaine Wheat said...

His mother did teach him not to lick random things, as Pati Mc mentioned. I taught, he didn't learn. Those are two different things. I know, I'm a teacher and he is my son. Boys will be boys only if their mothers don't wring their necks. MA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home