Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Chad, the Flight Attendant

New Year’s Eve:

Mom dropped me off at the little-bitty airport terminal in my little-bitty home town. She always has to part quickly because she usually begins to cry at that point. I usually dart inside and hold back a few tears myself.

After a little while, our little-bitty airplane pulls in. Here’s a pic. Isn't it cute? So, there were only four passengers on the little-bitty airplane for the 30 minute flight to Houston. A flight attendant named Chad instructed us all to sit in the rear of the aircraft for some reason.

Chad bumbled through the flight safety instructions. He was clearly a newbie which makes sense; only the newbie flight attendants would be assigned to such an exciting route.

After we took off, Chad came around to take our drink orders. Only a bottle of water was requested by the woman in front of me. After that, Chad’s services were no longer required for the duration of the flight.

As we approached Houston, Chad came around to all four of us to provide gate information on our connecting flights.

“Where are you flying to?” he asks me.

“Chicago O’Hare” I reply.

Chad looked up and down at his list a couple of times. And then he asked a question which provided me with an incredible amount of confidence in the capability of our flight attendant:

“Um. . . what state is that in?”

‘Twas a good thing that Chad was only called upon to procure a bottle of water during the flight.

4 Comments:

At 10:05 PM , Blogger Speck said...

I've flown on those little puddle jumpers before. Ugh! Ya kinda hope the pilot puts enough turns on the rubber band that powers the thing so you can make it to your destination.

Chad, bless his little heart, spent the best three years of his life in 4th grade.

 
At 12:09 PM , Blogger Lorraine said...

I'd plotz if I had to fly in a little bitty plane like that.

Poor Chad.

 
At 1:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
I have been on one of those small flights. Once - years ago - they bordered us on a small flight - only to discover after we were all buckled in that they put us ALL on the wrong place. Yes - we were going to Dayton and the plane to Grand Rapids! We all had to deplane and get on the correct plane. Good thing Chad was not there. Larry

 
At 4:59 PM , Blogger Citymouse said...

ummm state of confusion or inadequacy I'm not sure.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home